Book - Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations - 5th Edition 2020
The law says:
"Every employer with
five or more persons in his employ shall have
a copy of the Act and the relevant regulations readily available at
the workplace: Provided that where the total number of employees is less
than five, the employer shall, on request of the employee, make a copy
of the Act available to that employee"
[Reg 4 of the OHS Act General Administrative Regulations]
Employers must also furnish designated machinery supervisors with a copy of the Act and regulations.
[Reg 9 of the OHS Act General Machinery Regulations]
Neatly laid out and styled for easy use and reference, this user-friendly format, uncrushable coil-bound book is completely authentic and up-to-date. Designed for those who work both in and out of the office, it optimises the use of colour for clarity and puts the Act and regulations at your fingertips.
It includes the following recently gazetted changes:
- Replacement of standards in the Lift, escalator and passenger conveyer Regulations (11 May 2018)
- Government Notice regarding temporary exemption of Construction Regulations (17 August 2018.)
- Amendment of the notice regarding the accreditation of first aid training bodies (5 October 2018)
- Withdrawal of training provider certificates (Driven Machinery Regulations) without expiry dates. (18 January 2019)
- Ergonomics Regulations, 2019 and explanatory notes (6 December 2019)
- Opens completely flat.
- Light and small enough to carry in your briefcase.
- Pages are colour coded for ease of reference.
- Section/Regulation numbers are quick and easy to find appearing in large type.
- Full Government Gazette references for amendments are given.
- Guidance notes are inserted where appropriate.
- Legislation errors and loopholes are indicated.
- Explains how our labour laws are made and gazetted.